Cocovit products utilize use 100% certified organic, raw coconut oil harvested from South India. The oil is extracted from hand-picked, high-quality, fresh organic coconuts. What makes Cocovit products different from other coconut oil is that the oil is extracted and cold-pressed within 24 hours of the coconut being picked. The luxurious coconut fragrance is fresher and more natural than any other coconut oil we've encountered. The solid formula easily melts into a rich oil.
Their unique process extracts the oil with proprietary tool and technique, which uses absolutely no heat, solvents, bleaches or deodorizers - all of which prevent contamination, alteration and deterioration of the oil. Their process also allows the oil to remain raw and retain its freshness, essential nutrients and enzymes during the process and in the final product. When heat is used in the extraction process, a high percentage of nutrients and enzymes are eliminated. Their exclusive extraction method is essential for quality of the coconut oil and ensures the retention of the oil's restorative properties. Our process allows us to keep a higher concentration of lauric acid in the oil, which is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial, making this a product like no other for both hair and skin. Coconuts are the only plant-based source of lauric acid - it's also found in human breast milk.
Cocovit Coconut Oil is 100% pure and versatile, suitable for all ages, skin & hair types. In addition to deeply nourishing, repairing and strengthening your skin and hair, Cocovit Coconut Oil has countless other uses and benefits. The Cocovit coconut farm provides employment to 30+ locals in South India.
Coconut Oil can be used in a multitude of ways:
- Face Moisturizer - Apply a pea-sized amount to your clean face and neck. Use sparingly at first to determine the correct amount for your skin type. Use morning and night, safe for around the eye.
- Body Moisturizer - Apply directly after shower, while skin is still slightly moist. Use daily, focusing on rough skin areas like elbows and knees
- Makeup Remover - Massage a dime-sized amount gently onto face and around eyes. Leave on for a minute and remove with a soft cloth. For maximum benefit, do not wash face after removing.
- Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment - Massage oil into your scalp down to your ends, starting with a quarter-sized amount and adding as needed. Tie in loose bun and leave in for at least 2 hours or overnight - the longer the better. In the morning, shampoo as usual.
- Shaving Balm - Apply liberally to legs and shave as normal. Can also be used as pre or post shave conditioner.